SHILLONG, June 28: The Meghalaya Democratic Alliance authorities is battling a litany of allegations of corruption and misgovernance nevertheless it has acquired an endorsement from none aside from Governor Satya Pal Malik who stated that corruption was comparatively much less within the state.
He was reacting to a question from reporters on whether or not he’ll take up the problem of corruption and scams which can be reported ceaselessly within the state.
“I’ve been despatched right here after I took up the problem of corruption in 4 states. After this, the place will I attain? My retirement is nearing. I’m not going to finish up in any combat,” the governor informed journalists on Tuesday.
The state authorities confronted a collection of allegations of irregularities in a number of departments in latest instances. There have been an alleged rice rip-off and allegations of irregularities within the Saubhagya scheme. There have been additionally prices of misappropriation of funds within the district councils.
Malik termed the Agnipath scheme, which had triggered widespread protests, as “fraud on youth” and demanded its scrapping. He insisted that the sooner system of recruitment is sustained.
He identified that Yogendra Singh Yadav, who was awarded the Param Vir Chakra for his gallantry within the Kargil Struggle, had maintained that the scheme would weaken and demoralise the forces.
“There could be no extra genuine voice than Yogendra Singh Yadav,” the Governor stated.
He stated he had shared his considerations on a number of points with the Centre prior to now however there was no resolution. He stated he isn’t conscious who offers such concepts, like Agnipath, to the federal government.
The Agnipath has been launched by the Centre for recruitment of troopers under the rank of commissioned officers into the armed forces. For them, will probably be the one route for recruitment into the army. All recruits will probably be employed for a interval of 4 years initially.
The personnel recruited will probably be known as Agniveers, a brand new army rank. A complete of 25% of the Agniveers will probably be absorbed within the armed forces on profitable completion of their tenure. The remaining 75% of the recruits will probably be provided an quantity of Rs 12 lakh as golden handshake over and above the stipend they are going to get throughout their coaching.


Supply hyperlink