Mamata Banerjee stated the saffron occasion has launched the brand new defence recruitment scheme maintaining in thoughts the 2024 Lok Sabha polls.
Written by Kanishka Singharia | Edited by Sohini Goswami
West Bengal chief minister and Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee on Monday urged the Narendra Modi-led Centre to increase the retirement age of ‘Agniveers’, recruits of the newly introduced Agnipath scheme to 65 years, failing which, she stated, they may have an ‘unsure’ future after a four-year contract involves an finish.
“What’s going to these troopers do after 4 years? What might be their destiny? It’s unsure,” Banerjee was quoted as saying by information company PTI. “My motto is to create extra employment alternatives in contrast to insurance policies of the BJP- led central authorities that practice folks for 4 months and recruit them for 4 years… We demand that the retirement age be prolonged to 65 years,” the Trinamool Congress boss added.
Learn: Meghalaya governor Satya Pal Malik has a contemporary concern for Agniveers
Banerjee stated the saffron occasion has launched the brand new defence recruitment scheme maintaining in thoughts the 2024 Lok Sabha polls.
Underneath the Agnipath scheme, folks between the ages of 17.5 and 21 years might be recruited into the navy service of their alternative for 4 years. After this tenure, 25% of the Agniveers might be retained and the remaining 75% might be permitted to return to civilian life.
The introduction of the scheme triggered nationwide protests by armed forces aspirants in addition to the Opposition. Within the wake of widespread protests, the ministry of residence affairs relaxed the higher age restrict for Agnipath aspirants from 21 to 23 years for the primary 12 months (2022 cycle) solely and in addition introduced a ten per cent reservation for ‘Agniveers’ within the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assam Rifles.
Earlier too, the Bengal chief minister had hit out on the Modi authorities over the brand new navy recruitment scheme, saying that the Bharatiya Janata Celebration was attempting to create its personal armed cadre by way of the programme.
“The BJP is attempting to create its personal armed cadre base by way of this scheme. What’s going to they do after 4 years? The occasion desires to present arms into the arms of the youth”, Banerjee was quoted as saying by PTI.
Trending Subjects to Observe