Amid the continuing pandemic, a number of states together with Haryana witnessed a disaster of medical oxygen that was wanted for severely ailing Covid-19 sufferers. To keep away from such a deficit sooner or later, the Haryana authorities has come out with what it says is a “distinctive and first of its variety initiative”.
What’s the “Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme”, and Oxy Van (Oxygen Forests) that Chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar introduced on the event of World Atmosphere Day?
What’s the Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme (PVDPS)?
Chief Minister Khattar stated on Saturday: “The state authorities has taken an initiative to honour all these bushes that are of the age of 75 years and above and have served humanity all through their life by producing oxygen, lowering air pollution, offering shade and so forth. Such bushes will probably be recognized all through the state and these will probably be sorted by involving native individuals on this scheme”.
Better of Categorical Premium
He added, “We get pure air from the surroundings which advantages the complete humanity. For this, Oxy Forests will probably be planted on land starting from 5 acres to 100 acres within the cities of Haryana.”
For upkeep of bushes older than 75 years, a “pension quantity” of Rs 2,500 could be given per 12 months within the identify of PVDPS. This ‘tree pension’ shall proceed to extend yearly, on traces just like the Previous Age Samman Pension Scheme within the state.
Officers within the CMO advised The Indian Categorical: “The pension shall be given by the City Native Our bodies division for the maintenance of the bushes, putting in plates, grilles and so forth.”
What number of such 75-year-old bushes are there within the state?
In line with state authorities officers, at the very least 2,500 such bushes have been recognized thus far. The Forest Division had commissioned a survey to establish these previous bushes. Village panchayats will now be paid Rs 2,500 as ‘pension’ per tree for his or her repairs.
What’s an Oxy Van (Oxygen Forest)?
What the state authorities is asking an Oxy Van are recognized items of land, on which as many as 3 crore bushes could be planted. The Oxy Vans will occupy 10 per cent of the 8 lakh hectares of land throughout Haryana.
“Oxy Van, Panchkula, will probably be established in Bir Ghaggar over an space of 100 acres to create Mom Nature’s inexperienced lungs in order that residents of Panchkula can breathe in recent oxygen. Whole price of challenge shall be Rs 1 crore,” the federal government stated.
Oxy Van, Karnal, shall come up alongside the Previous Badshahi Canal (also called Mughal Canal), on an space of 80 acres, masking a complete size of 4.2 km. This park can have parts named: Chit Van (Forest of Magnificence), Paakhi Van (Forest of Birds), Antriksh Van (Forest of Zodiac Indicators), Tapo Van (Forest of Meditation), Arogya Van (Therapeutic/natural Forest), Neer Van (Forest of Waterfalls), Rishi Van (Sapt Rishi), Panchvati (5 Bushes), Smaran Van (Forest of Recollections), and Sugandh Suvaas/Sugandh Van (Forest of Perfume).
“The park may also have an info centre and a memento store, and folks will be capable to purchase vegetation at sponsored charges associated to their Rashi (zodiac signal) to develop of their homesteads. An amphitheatre will probably be constructed the place artists can carry out for the leisure of the general public. Mild and sound present will probably be proven to the guests masking varied features of this Oxy Van,” the federal government stated.
The full price of this challenge in Karnal shall be Rs 5 crore, and it will likely be a three way partnership of Haryana Forest Division, the Authorities of India, and the Municipal Committee, Karnal.
What sort of bushes will the Oxy Vans have, and the way have they been recognized?
In line with the federal government:
* Chit Van will include decorative and flowering vegetation just like the Orchid Tree (Kachnar), Indian Laburnum (Amaltas), Pleasure of India, Pink silk cotton tree (Semal), Indian Coral, Sita Ashok, Java Cassia, Pink Gulmohar, Golden Bathe, Ardour Flower, and so forth.
* Pakhi Van will home vegetation like Peepal, Banyan, Pilkhan, Neem and so forth.
* Antriksh Van can have “luck-boosting” vegetation like Flame of the Forest (Palash/Dhak), Jackfruit, Cluster Fig (Gullar), Amla, Krishan Neel, Champa, Khair, Bilwa, and so forth.
* Arogya Van can have medicinal vegetation like Tulsi, Ashwagandha, Neem, Aloe Vera, Chebulic Myrobalan (Harad), Baheda, and Amla, and so forth.
* Sugandh Vatika will include aromatic vegetation like Sugadhraj, Chameli, Night time Queen, Day King, Night time-blooming Jasmine (Parijaat), Champa, Rose, Honeysuckle, Passiflora and so forth. In line with the federal government, the candy perfume of those vegetation will permit those that can’t see, to additionally benefit from the environment.
* Panchvati has cultural, mythological, and environmental significance. Panchvati actually means 5 bushes. These bushes are Banyan/Barh/Bargad, Sacred Fig/Peepal, Stone Apple (Bilwa/Bil), Aonla, and Sita Ashok. Apart from mythological significance, these bushes present lots of ecological and environmental advantages.
* Barh and Peepal are often called “umbrella bushes” which give meals and shelter to quite a lot of life kinds together with birds and bugs, and supply the very best shade as effectively. They battle sound air pollution as a consequence of their thick foliage, and are identified for producing extra oxygen than every other tree.
* Bilwa is related to Lord Shiva, and its leaves and flowers are supplied to Him. Additionally it is a very good shady tree. Apart from being a very good meals plant, its ripe pulp has medicinal worth. It has liver-cleansing properties and removes even previous plaque from the gut, based on the federal government.
* Ashok or the Sorrowless Tree is related to Sita, as it’s stated she frolicked in Ashok Vatika in Lanka when she was kidnapped by Ravana. Its bark is utilized in urinary illnesses. It’s decorative and supplies shade as effectively. When in bloom in spring, it appears to be like very engaging.
* As per Indian Vastu, these bushes in Panchvati are to be planted in several instructions. As talked about within the Shastras, Peepal is to be planted within the East, Barh within the West, Bilwa within the North, Aonla within the South, and Ashok in Agney (south-west) route. Panchvati Vatikas will probably be established in 134 Kurukshetra Tirthas (pilgrimages) situated in Kurukshetra, Kaithal, Karnal and Panipat districts.
Why this concept of Oxy Vans?
The federal government says, “Because of vehicular and industrial air pollution in city areas leading to ‘Warmth Island Impact’” and dangerous air high quality; the cities, and cities urgently want Mom Earth’s inexperienced lungs to cut back the warmth impact and enhance the air high quality.”
The Chief Minister stated that oxygen scarcity was one of many greatest issues which everybody confronted through the pandemic. Since there isn’t any substitute for “Prana Vayu”, this forest has been named Oxy Forest.”